We mount a range of campaigns for a sustainable future, including working within relevant alliances.
Current and recent campaigns
- UK elections — We are inviting supporters to contact their local election candidates and ask them to support policies that foster population stabilisation.
- Public health cuts — We are campaigning against the UK Government’s decision to cut £200 million from this year’s public health grant, which includes sexual health.
- Mandatory sex education — We believe that sex and relationships education should be mandatory in schools.
- Ten per cent of international aid for family planning — We believe that access to family planning services is fundamental to slowing and reversing unsustainable population growth.
- Subnational population projections for England — We are raising awareness of the level and impact of projected population growth in regions across England.
- Consumption — We’re calling for individuals in developed countries to be environmentally aware and limit their consumption. We believe the world’s poor are entitled to improve their living standards, and we’re calling for sustainable approaches to be incorporated into development.
- Environmental conservation — We’re calling for measures to protect biodiversity, and to minimize exploitation of increasingly-limited natural resources.
- Technology — We’re calling for a greater reliance on renewable resources, better resource-use efficiency, and reduced waste and harmful emissions.
- Population — We’re asking governments to integrate population projections into their planning and policies, and to promote smaller families.
- Family size — We’re calling on people to choose to have smaller families.
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights — We’re calling for high-quality, age-appropriate sex and relationships education that encourages respectful and responsible relationships and behaviour. We advocate universal access to appropriate, affordable and accessible family planning. We urge the international community to devote more funds to family planning and for governments to make such access a near-term goal. In some countries, Population Health Environment programmes are appropriate. Conflict situations and poor governance must be addressed to enable the provision of effective health programmes.
- Women’s rights — We’re calling for an end to child and forced marriage, female genital mutilation and violence against women and girls. We support measures to secure equal gender participation in education, the economy and society.