Kings college London Politics Society
Tuesday, 25 February 2014 18:30 in EST
Franklin-Wilkins Building, Waterloo Campus
With the ongoing wave of immigration to Europe and the rise of anti-immigration rhetoric, is Europe facing an immigration crisis? Join us for a heated debate with four distinguished speakers!
Motion: “Europe is Facing an Immigration Crisis and Must Assert Further Control Over its Borders”
– Adam Memom: Head of Economic Research at the Centre for Policy Studies- a Right leaning think tank, founded by Keith Joseph and Margaret Thatcher in 1974.
– Simon Ross: Chief executive of Population Matters- seeking a smaller global population size enabling decent living standards for all and environmental sustainability. His involvement in Population Matters arises from his conviction that our population growth contributes to many of today’s biggest problems.
– Bob Hughes: Lecturer at Oxford Brookes University and Founding member of No One is Illegal: campaigning for the total abolition of immigration controls.
– Professor Luc Bovens: Professor of Philosophy at LSE and the Director of the LSE migration studies unit.
– Dr. Gabriella Elgenius – Researcher at University of Oxford and SOAS. Her research focuses on nationalism and identity.