We oppose the decision by the Trump administration to ban all US overseas aid to organisations which provide abortion or information about it. This decision will hit communities and countries where family planning saves lives and helps lift people out of poverty.
We are supporting the campaign against the UK government’s decision to cut hundreds of millions of pounds from the grant that supports family planning and contraception services.
We believe that access to family planning services is fundamental to slowing and reversing unsustainable population growth.
Airport expansion is driven by growing population and an unsustainable, pro-growth agenda that puts economic activity ahead of quality of life. Additional greenhouse gas emissions will have a global impact.
- Consumption — We’re calling for individuals in developed countries to be environmentally aware and limit their consumption. We believe the world’s poor are entitled to improve their living standards, and we’re calling for sustainable approaches to be incorporated into development.
- Population — We’re asking governments to integrate population projections into their planning and policies, and to promote smaller families.
- Family size — We’re calling on people to choose to have smaller families.
- Development aid for family planning — We urge the international community to devote more funds to family planning and for governments to make such access a near-term goal. Using overseas aid to support family planning in developing countries offers multiple benefits, cutting child and maternal death rates, enabling greater access to health services and education, empowering women and providing a path out of poverty.
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights — We’re calling for high-quality, age-appropriate sex and relationships education that encourages respectful and responsible relationships and behaviour. We advocate universal access to appropriate, affordable and accessible family planning.
- Women’s rights — We’re calling for an end to child and forced marriage, female genital mutilation and violence against women and girls. We support measures to secure equal gender participation in education, the economy and society.
- Environmental conservation — We’re calling for measures to protect biodiversity, and to minimize exploitation of increasingly-limited natural resources.