We promote a voluntary and gradual reduction in global human population to a level that enables an acceptable quality of life for all, protects wildlife and is ecologically sustainable. This should be achieved through:
- universal user-led access to a full range of family planning services;
- high-quality sex and relationships education;
- encouragement for individuals to make responsible decisions about family size;
- an end to subsidies of larger families, except in cases of proven need; and
- an end to discrimination against women and equal access for women to education, decision-making and resources.
We also support:
- sustainable development in developing countries;
- reduced per capita consumption in wealthy communities;
- more efficient resource use and improved skills development for individuals;
- broadly balanced migration flows for countries that consume unsustainably; and
- due consideration of the interaction of population size and government policies.