We support a voluntary reduction in population over time to a level that enables an acceptable quality of life for all, protects wildlife and is ecologically sustainable through:
- universal user-led access to the full range of family planning services;
- high-quality education and support intended to help people avoid unintended conceptions;
- encouragement for individuals to make responsible decisions on family size;
- an end to subsidies of larger families, except in cases of proven need; and
- an end to discrimination against women and equal access for women to education, decision-making and resources.
We also support:
- sustainable development in the developing countries;
- a significant reduction in consumption in the developed countries;
- more efficient resource use and improved skills development for individuals;
- balanced migration flows — no more in than out — for countries that consume unsustainably; and
- due consideration of the interaction of population size and government policies.