Population Matters is a membership organization working for a global population size providing a good standard of living for all and environmental sustainability.
Our activities comprise education, research, lobbying and campaigning. We support:
- a voluntary reduction in population over time to a level that enables an acceptable quality of life for all, protects wildlife and is ecologically sustainable;
- the individual right to make personal lifestyle choices, whilst recognising the accompanying responsibility to consider the societal and environmental impact of those choices;
- human rights, particularly women’s equality and reproductive rights;
- a rights-based approach to family planning provision; and
- economic convergence and the right of those on low incomes to strive for improvement in their quality of life.
We are unconnected with but entirely endorse the US-based blog Population Matters.
Population Matters is the working name of the Optimum Population Trust. We are a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. Registered charity no. 1114109. Registered company no. 3019081. Registered office: 135-137 Station Road, London E4 6AG. Telephone: +44(0)20 8123 9116. Email: email@example.com.