A trillion tonnes of CO2!
February 26th 2013 | Tags: Climate change
From the BBC report
Evidence from Siberian caves suggests that a global temperature rise of 1.5C could see permafrost thaw over a large area of Siberia.
A study shows that more than a trillion tonnes of the greenhouse gases CO2 and methane could be released into the atmosphere as a result.
An international team has published details in the journal Science.
- Warming leads to methane leads to…
- Arctic methane leaks threaten climate
- Greenhouse gases climbing, report finds
- Past global warming caused by thawing permafrost
- Chinese person’s carbon footprint equals European’s